New Line Of Star Trek 1/6 Scale Figures Announced
A new assortment of fully licensed Star Trek 1/6 Scale Figures and Statues are coming from a new company called EXO-6
EXO-6 has announced an all-new range of Star Trek 1/6 scale figures. Being a new company, EXO-6 is eager to impress. And their first figure is sure to do that.
The line is kicking off with a Star Trek: First Contact – Lieutenant Commander Data 1/6 Scale Figure. Data will feature multiple swap out parts so fans can recreate the iconic final confrontation with the Borg Queen.
LOS ANGELES, CA — Jan. 15, 2021 — New collectibles company, EXO-6, signed a deal with ViacomCBS Consumer Products to produce statues and one-sixth scale articulated figures from the Star Trek television series’ and movies.
Previously a developer of one-sixth scale figures for other companies, EXO-6 is now launching as a self-contained development, production, and manufacturing entity. Spearheaded by entrepreneur, Schubert Tam, the company will produce collectible figures from the beloved science-fiction franchise, Star Trek.
“Being able to bring these characters, that I’ve loved since childhood, to fans around the world is a dream come true,” said Tam. “I’ve always been fascinated with the hyper-realistic 1:6 figures and I feel this is the best type of collectible to celebrate the characters of Star Trek and the actors that portray them.”
EXO-6 will produce a wide range of characters from across the Star Trek Universe, with each series of figures planned out in advance. The first figure that will be on pre-sale soon at http://www.exo-6.com is Lieutenant Commander Data as seen in the feature film, Star Trek: First Contact.
“Data is an android striving to become human. He is one of the most popular characters in Star Trek, and no other character better expresses the wonder of discovery that is the heart of Star Trek than this android with a soul. The EXO-6 1:6 scale figure of Data will not only embody the hopefulness of the character but also bring an element of Brent Spiner’s performance into collector’s homes,” said Tam.
To view exclusive information about EXO-6’s Lieutenant Commander Data and new characters to come to visit www.exo-6.com and follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest @StarTrekEXO6.
EXO-6 is proud to present their first 1:6 scale articulated figure from Star Trek™: First Contact – Lt. Commander Data.
When introduced in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Data was a one-of-a-kind cybernetic organism, an artificial being that wanted nothing more than be just like the imperfect humans he served with aboard the Enterprise. In the film First Contact, the Borg Queen gives him an opportunity to be more human than he ever thought possible, yet he rejects that hope in the service of loyalty to his friends and the rest of humanity.
Data is one of the most popular characters in Star Trek, and no other character better expresses the wonder of discovery that is the heart of Star Trek than this android with a soul. The EXO-6 1:6 scale figure of Data will not only embody the hopefulness of the character but also bring an element of Brent Spiner’s performance into collector’s homes.
This 1:6-scale figure re-creates this iconic character in exquisite 1:6 detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element, from his 24th-century tunic to his custom black boots, is authentically reproduced. The original portrait sculpts of Brent Spiner as Data have authentic, hand-painted likenesses.
The EXO-6 Data 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure includes:
- Fully Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, approximately 30 cm tall.
- Two Realistic Portraits: Data comes with two heads, his regular portrait, and also his look after the Borg Queen gifts him with grafted skin. Lovingly rendered by a top artist, these are excellent likenesses of Brent Spiner in his role as Data. Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted.
- Starfleet Duty Uniform Jumpsuit: Meticulously researched, this duty uniform matches the pattern, and color of the original costume recreated in 1:6 scale. Magnets are sewn into the uniform so the holsters for the tricorder and phaser can be attached. An authentically scaled communicator badge is permanently affixed to the tunic.
- Boots: Soft plastic boots sculpted to match the cut and style of the original movie footwear.
- Display Base: A hexagonal display base featuring the transporter pad will provide additional support for the figure. Two different inserts for the floor of the base can represent the transporter pad. Or the center of the transporter array.
Lt. Commander Data is outfitted with everything needed for a Star Fleet officer. He comes equipped with:
- Type II hand phaser. The phaser can be worn in a black holster that magnetically attaches to the jumpsuit.
- TR-590 Tricorder X: This standard tricorder can be opened or worn in a holster.
- Phaser rifle: Type 3B Phaser rifle used by the Enterprise crew to battle the invading Borg.
This fine collectible figure is a perfect rendition of everyone’s favorite android. And a great start to your EXO-6 Star Trek™ 1:6-scale figure collection.
Height: 11.8 in, (30 cm)
Materials: ABS, PVC, natural and synthetic fabrics.
What a way to make an entrance! EXO-6 has set its stall out early to deliver some high-end figures. And for all intents and purposes, they’re off to a flying start. Data looks exceptional and boats a wonderful likeness to Brent Spiner. What other icons of the Star Trek universe do they have up their sleeve? Only time will tell. But it’s going to be a ton of fun finding out.
Kudos EXO-6. You have our attention.
The Star Trek: First Contact Data 1/6 Scale figure is priced at $189.95. As of press time, EXO-6 hasn’t revealed an expected release date. So check regularly for the latest updates as they emerge.
The Future of the Force. The future of pop culture writing.Feel the Force on Social Media.
Phil Roberts is the Owner, Daily Content Manager, and Editor-In-Chief of The Future of the Force. He is passionate about Star Wars, Batman, DC, Marvel, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, King Kong, and the Ray Harryhausen movies. Follow him on Twitter where he uses the force and babbles frequently!