Disney Plus will launch in the UK and Europe on March 24th and will offer fans of all ages a new way to experience the unparalleled content from the company’s iconic entertainment brands
Save the date – Disney Plus is launching earlier than advertised – with a new March 24th release date that will see the all-new streaming service finally arrive on UK shores, as well as the majority of Europe.
Disney’s all-new streaming service will offer fans of all ages a new way to experience the unparalleled content from the company’s iconic entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, as well as exclusive original programming including feature-length films, series, documentaries, and short-form content made exclusively for the service.
So, how much will it cost, and what are we getting for our money I hear you ask? Sit back and join us as we delve into the Disney Plus sandbox and explore the wealth of awesomeness that awaits us:
At launch, subscribers will have access to an abundance of exclusive content which will include:
- The Mandalorian: The critically acclaimed live-action Star Wars series from executive producer and writer Jon Favreau.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: A creative modern take on the hit franchise complete with meta-references, a fresh documentary-style feel and a soundtrack which features nine new original songs while also paying homage to fan favorites from the classic film.
- The World According To Jeff Goldblum: a series which explores the wonderful and often astonishing world of deceptively familiar objects.
- Lady and the Tramp: a timeless re-telling of the 1955 animated classic.
- Encore!: executive produced by Kristen Bell.
- Diary of A Future President: from creator and executive producer Ilana Peña (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”) and executive producer, Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin).
- The Imagineering Story: chronicling the eclectic group of extraordinary creatives who bring Disney Parks to life, among many other exciting shows.
Subscribers will be able to enjoy the Disney+ experience on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices at launch, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs. Users will access high-quality and commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, unlimited downloads on up to ten devices, personalised recommendations, and the ability to set up to seven different profiles, including the ability for parents to set Kids Profiles that have an easy- to -navigate, child-friendly interface to access age-appropriate content.
Pricing has been confirmed at £5.99/€6.99 per month, or £59.99/€69.99 for an annual subscription.
When And Where:
The streaming service will launch in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland on March 24th. Additional Western Europe markets, including Belgium, the Nordics, and Portugal, will follow in summer 2020.
How To Subscribe:
For more information, or to sign up for the Disney+ service, visit Disneyplus.com.
So there we have it. For just £5.99/€6.99 per month, fans will have access to more Disney/Pixar/Marvel/National Geographic and Star Wars content than they could ever dream of. And, with the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars set to follow – Disney Plus will be the place to be in 2020. We’ll see you there!
The Future of the Force. The future of pop culture writing.
Phil Roberts is the Owner, Daily Content Manager and Editor-In-Chief of Future of the Force. He is passionate about Star Wars, Batman, DC, Marvel, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, King Kong, and the Ray Harryhausen movies. Follow him on Twitter @philthecool where he uses the force and babbles frequently!
Source: Disney Plus
Phil Roberts is the Owner, Daily Content Manager, and Editor-In-Chief of The Future of the Force. He is passionate about Star Wars, Batman, DC, Marvel, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, King Kong, and the Ray Harryhausen movies. Follow him on Twitter where he uses the force and babbles frequently!