At long last, the complete animated adventures of the Man Of Steel are heading to Blu-Ray this October
At long last, Superman The Complete Animated Series is finally coming to Blu-Ray this October. The animated adventures of the Man Of Steel follow Batman: The Animated Series, and Batman Beyond into high definition; which will delight fans everywhere. Especially those who have a yearning to get their hands on the three-part “World’s Finest” crossover episode. The storyline saw the Man Of Steel match wits with The Dark Knight in the definitive meeting of superheroes.
Warner Bros. confirmed the release news on Tuesday and cemented a street date of Oct. 12. This means the set will be available to celebrate the series’ 25th anniversary. Aside from housing every single episode of the hit series, the set will include a ton of special features. These will include:
- Superman: Timeless Icon (New Featurette) – An all-new bonus feature, produced specifically for the remastered Blu-ray release of Superman: The Animated Series, reveals the complicated journey of the show and those who created the new mythology for The Man of Steel, as told by producers
Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba, writer Bob Goodman, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, and Tim Daly & Clancy Brown, the heralded voices of Superman and Lex Luthor, respectively.
- A Little Piece of Trivia (Featurette) – So you think you know your Superman trivia? Wait until you hear about the series’ connection to Telly Savalas! A brain teaser to entertain every Superman: The Animated Series fan!
Superman: Learning to Fly (Featurette) – Get into the minds of the creative team behind Superman: The Animated Series as they detail the birth of this animated version of Superman and his incredible worlds. Featured speakers include producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, and Alan
Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker.
- Building the Mythology: Superman’s Supporting Cast (Featurette) – The characters around Superman get the spotlight in this in-depth look at everyone from Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Perry White to Maggie Sawyer, Lana Lang, and Ma & Pa Kent. Producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker give viewers the inside scoop.
- Menaces of Metropolis: Behind the Villains of Superman (Featurette) – Your hero is only as good as the villains around him, and Superman: The Animated Series has a rogues’ gallery of top-grade baddies, including traditional opponents Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Toyman, and Parasite, as well as new villains created for the series – like Live Wire and Luminus. Producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett, and Paul Dini, directors James Tucker and Dan Riba, and casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano give us a tour of the villains.
- The Despot Darkseid: A Villain Worthy of Superman (Featurette) – Darkseid takes center stage in this examination of one of The Man of Steel’s most vicious adversaries, plus other Fourth World characters that appear in Superman: The Animated Series. The featurette includes producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director/producer Glen Murakami, writers Rich Fogel and Stan Berkowitz, director James Tucker and Charles Hatfield (Department of English, Cal State Northridge).
- Stolen Memories – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett, director Curt Geda and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- The Last Son of Krypton – Part 1 – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, and Alan Burnett, director Dan Riba and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- The Main Man – Part 2 – producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba and art director/producer Glen Murakami.
- Mxyzpixilated – producer Bruce Timm, producer/writer Paul Dini, director Dan Riba, and moderator Jason Hillhouse.
Warner Bros. has confirmed a U.S retail price of $69.00. While the set will set you back $79.99 in Canada. UK release dates and prices are yet to be confirmed. Pre-orders are expected to be available in the coming days. So, maintain your orbit around Future of the Force for the latest updates as they emerge.
Will you be adding Superman The Complete Animated Series to your Blu-Ray collection? Leave a comment in the section below. We’d love to hear from you.
Feel the Force on Social Media.
Phil Roberts is the Owner, Daily Content Manager, and Editor-In-Chief of The Future of the Force. He is passionate about Star Wars, Batman, DC, Marvel, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, King Kong, and the Ray Harryhausen movies. Follow him on Twitter where he uses the force and babbles frequently!